Monday, May 18, 2009

I love this internet cafe! The guy at the front just started playing Betty Davis Eyes, and before it was Mr. Roboto. Sometimes Guatemala is so random. And by sometimes, I mean always. It´s so great.

Anyway, I´m all better! It´s really great. The past week has been a rollercoaster! We´re starting to get everything ready for all of our projects. Last week was slightly discouraging with being sick and still not really knowing what to do, but by the end it started getting a lot better and I was getting really excited about everything. According to the plan we made this weekend, Krysta, Josie, Dana and I were going to go the the Mesoamericano school to teach english three days of the week. We got there today to meet with the Director and found out that there are two American volunteers coming on wednesday to teach full time. They said they still wanted us to come teach still, but we feel like our time would be of more use elsewhere so now that plan is scratched. Tonight we´re going to have to have a big meeting to refigure everything out, so wish us luck! We´re thinking now of teaching at this Catholic orphanage for kids with HIV. They have 50 kids and 13 nuns that run pretty much everything and I guess they are really stressed and need a lot of help teaching so they can do some of their other reponsibilities. Other than that, I think I´ll be working on adobe stoves and possibly teaching sex ed. in some of the small villages surrounding Chimaltenano. It´s really exciting and I think we´re all getting really anxious to start on our projects, even though it´s pretty intimidating and scary.

This weekend was a lot of fun! On saturday we woke up early to go to some Mayan ruins in Tecpan. They were beautiful! It was so nice to get away from the pollution and chaos and be able to wander around and explore. The only bad thing is that my camera dropped on one of the ruins and now the screen is broken, but it still takes pictures. It just can´t tell what exactly I´m taking a picture of, which might make it that much more exciting! After Tecpan we got to go to the Guatemala City temple with the ward we´re attending. Without going into too many details, I´ll just say it was a very eventful temple trip! Anyway, that´s what´s been going on! Adios!

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad about the camera:( When are you going to post some pictures? Glad that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. I want to hear about the temple trip. That sounded good.

    ReplyDelete