Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update!

I don´t really have much to say right now, but I´m not sure how often I´ll be able to update so I figure I´d better take advantage of being on a computer. Sunday was cool. We went to church where I didn´t understand anything, but I did get a Book of Mormon in spanish to help me study! The people are so wonderful and welcoming. Monday was a lot of fun, we met with a woman named Leti who is amazing and then went to this cool ranch/resort place with Lencho in the afternoon. It was super cool, we got to go horseback riding and on the zipline. It´s normally 30 quetz but because we are a bunch of white girls we got everything, including a game of paintball that´s normally 75 quetz for free! Oh the benefits. That night we met with an organization named SHARE, but halfway through I started getting a headache. That night I got super sick and yesterday I was pretty non-functional (is that a word?). I went to the doctor and found out I have some sort of virus, but I got some medication so hopefully I´ll start feeling better soon! I decided being sick in a foreign country where we can´t flush toilet paper down the toilet is probably one of the worst places ever to get sick. I´m starting to feel better though, and I think my fever is almost gone. Anyway, I´ve got to go. I hope everyone´s doing well!

3 comments:

  1. I doubt if it was a virus. They don't usually give medication for a virus. It was probably a bacterial infection. Glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! That's no fun that you are sick, but i'm sure you'll bounce right back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no stephy i hope you feel better soon! that sounds like a terrible place to be sick i agree. i hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete